Honey Flapjacks – tasty and filling treat!
Here is a favourite in our house, quick and easy to make and you can adapt this recipe to suit your own tastes!
This makes about 20 flapjacks.
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g brown sugar
- 400g porridge oats
- 50g dried fruit
- Heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- Grease and line a shallow baking tray.
- Melt the butter, sugar and honey in a large saucepan and stir together.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in the oats and fruit, and mix well.
- Pour mixed ingredients into a baking tray and flatten to 2cm thickness.
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely in a baking tray, once cool turn out and cut into squares.
I love this recipe because it is so adaptable, I add extra fruit, nuts and chocolate chips but you can add whatever you want. The secret ingredient is honey, which gives it a really yummy taste! 🍯