Our favourite – honey cake!
- 6 tbsp. Organic Wildflower Honey
- 3 tbsp. milk
- A pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp Baking soda
- 150g butter
- 1-2 glasses brown sugar
- 4-5 glasses of flour
- 1-1.5l sour cream
- Place milk, honey, sugar and salt in a saucepan. Warm on a small fire, stir until sugar has melted. Then add butter and stir, wait until melting.
- Add a baking soda and stir on a small fire for about 5 minutes until brown colours are formed.
- Then remove from fire and stir until slightly cooling. When cooling, stir in eggs one by one. Then add flour.
- The dough is a bit sticky at first, try to make up 6 dough balls. If too sticky use some flour.
- Cover the dough and leave for 20 minutes.
- Take one ball and roll out, place a wedge after cutting out the shape of the cake.
- Bake at 200 C/Gas mark 6 for around 8 minutes.
- This cake will require 1.5 l of sour cream frothed with 1-2 glasses of sugar.
- Each layer have to be richly dipped with sour cream. Spread remaining cream on the sides of the cake. Chill the cake in the fridge over night so that the moisture in the filling can soak into the layers.