Littleover Apiary Apple and Strawberry with Greek Honey Crumble
Nothing says that summer is on its way more than the Great British Strawberry and Littleover Apiary’s Greek Honey, our very own summer holiday in a jar.
We’ve teamed the rich, dark tones of our Greek Honey in an Apple and Strawberry Crumble to create a truly scrumptious, light dessert that is perfect to enjoy after the embers of the BBQ have died down.
Simple and easy to make, here’s what you’re going to need on your shopping list:
– 3/4 Organic Cooking Apples
– 1 Punnet of Strawberries
– 1tbs Littleover Apiary Greek Honey (click here to buy via our online shop)
– 85g Organic Butter (cubed)
– 175g Organic Plain Floor (sieved)
– 85g Fairtrade Soft Brown Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 190 C/Gas 5 mark 5 and grease your baking dish (we used a shallow baking dish about 20/30cm)
2. Add the butter to the flour and rub together until the mix resembles breadcrumbs. Make sure that the butter is at room temperate, but take care not to over-rub and cause the breadcrumbs to ‘clump’ together.
3. Stir the soft brown sugar into the breadcrumb mixture.
4. Peel, core and thinly slice half of your cooking apples and spread along the bottom of your baking dish. Take care not to bruise the apples as you handle them.
5. Hull the strawberries and cut in halve. Place strawberries on top of apples in the baking dish.
6. Peel, core and slice the remainder of your cooking apples and layer on top of the strawberries.
7. Drizzle Littleover Apiary’s Greek Honey evenly over the apples.
8. Evenly scatter the crumble mix over the top. Do not pat down or flatten the mix.
9. Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until brown on top.
10. Feet up, in the garden and enjoy warm with vanilla custard…delicious!!