Littleover Apiaries Almond and Lavender Honey Buttercream Macaroons
One of a baker’s worst fears – The Macaroon! With Easter in the air, we decided to face our fears head on and put to the test our recipe for Almond and Lavender Honey Butter Cream Macaroons.
The results? Well, lets just say there was only a single macaroon left to photograph after the Littleover Apiary crew got whiff of them!! And after all our pre-bake butterflies, things weren’t as tough as we thought. So why not give our very easy recipe a try?
Here’s what you’ll need for Almond Macaroons:
– 4 large egg whites
– 70g caster sugar
– 230g icing sugar
– 120g ground almonds
– Gel food colouring (optional)
And for Littleover Apiaries Lavender Honey Buttercream:
– 115g unsalted butter
– 200g icing sugar
– 1 tbsp of Littleover Apiaires Lavender Honey
Now, how to turn these ingredients into something rather yummy:
– Preheat the oven to 150 degrees
– Into a large mixing bowl place the egg whites and caster sugar. Whisk together with an electric whisk until the mixture is white and stiff peaks can be made. Another test is that you can tip the bowl upside-down.
– Add the gel food colouring and mix for a further two minutes.
– In a separate bowl, combine the icing sugar and ground almonds (ensure that both have been sieved to remove any lumps). Then fold into the egg white mixture, using a very gentle hand, until all ingredients are combined. The mixture should be thick and smooth, not runny.
– Place mixture into a piping bag and pipe into even circles onto lined baking trays. Tap the trays onto the work surface to help prevent your Macaroons from cracking.
– Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. You can tell if your Macaroons are thoroughly cooked if you can removed them cleanly (using a knife) from the baking paper.
Whilst your Macaroons are in the oven, time to whip up some of our Littleover Apiaries Lavender Honey Buttercream. Another recipe that is versatile and as simple as 1-2-3!
1 – Cream together the butter and icing sugar until fluffy
2 – Stir in the Lavender Honey
3 – All ready to pipe into your Macaroon sandwich!
Once the Macaroons have cooled, pipe the Buttercream into the centre and sandwich Macaroons together.
There you have it! We’d love to hear how you get on with our recipes, so please share your stories and picture with us on our Facebook page by clicking the link here.