Try Littleover Apiaries Organic Wildflower Honey ice cream this Pancake Day
Looking for something a little different to celebrate Pancake Day this year?
We have just the ticket with our truly delicious Organic Wildflower Honey and Vanilla home made ice cream! Why not give it a try on your Pancakes and let us know how you get on?
Not only is our Organic Wildflower Honey a firm favourite here at Littleover Apiaries, we also have an exclusive 25% discount available on honey purchased from our online store. Click here to find out more!
Here’s what you’re going to need:
- 475ml organic milk
- 1 (18cm) organic vanilla bean, split lengthways
- 6 organic free range egg yolks
- 220g organic fairtrade dark brown soft sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Organic Littleover Apiaries Wildflower honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 475ml organic double cream
Here’s how to make it:
1. In a medium sized pan, heat the milk and vanilla bean until it simmers – be careful not to boil.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, dark brown soft sugar, Littleover Apiary Organic Wildflower honey and salt until the mixture is light coloured and frothy.
3. Continue to whisk whilst slowly adding the hot milk with the egg mixture.
4. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan and cook over a medium heat until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat.
5. Remove the vanilla bean from the mixture and keep to one side. Strain the custard through a sieve into a large bowl. Scrape seeds from the vanilla bean into the custard (vanilla bean pod may be used again).
6. Stir the double cream into the custard. Then cover the custard with cling film and refrigerate for 4 hours.
7. When cold, freeze in an ice cream maker in accordance to the manufacturer’s directions.