Littleover Apiaries Orange Honey Blossom Honey Loaf
We have been experimenting in the kitchen and pleased to say that our Orange Honey Blossom Honey Loaf turned out to be a delight for the taste buds!
Why not give it a try at home and bring a little ray of sunshine to your afternoon cup of tea.
Here’s what you’re going to need:
– 2 medium free range eggs at room temperature
– 100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– The finely grated zest of one large orange
– 70g of grated dark chocolate (the higher the coco content the better)
– 100g of our Orange Blossom Honey (click here to buy)
– 70g soft brown sugar
– 225g Organic Plain Flour
– 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
Here’s how you make it:
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees Centigrade/350 degrees Fahrenheit/gas mark 4
– Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl and add the zest, brown sugar , olive oil and orange blossom honey and beat with a spoon until thoroughly combined.
– Sift the flour, baking power and dark chocolate into the mixing bowl and mix with a spoon until all the dry ingredients are combined and you have a smooth and thick batter.
– Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin and place into the pre-heated oven.
– Cook for about 40/45mins until browned and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
– Leave to cool in the loaf tin on a wire rack for 15 mins.
– Remove from tin and allow to cool before getting stuck in!